Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Specialists
Resume Due Date: May 25, 2017 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Project: Safety Analysis Improvement Project
Duration: 2 years
Location: Pickering, Ontario (889 Brock Road)
- Nuclear Safety Analysis (Specialized technical expertise in Thermalhydraulics analysis).
- Oversight of COG Research and Development (R&D) activities.
- Specific examples include: Development and testing of CHF correlations. Development and testing of PDO correlations. Use and assessment of TUF, RELAP and ASSERT, and modifications, as required to support the above objectives.
- Support other thermalhydraulics analysis activities, e.g. migration to RELAP, resolution of CHF/PDO test uncertainties, coolant flow prediction uncertainty, etc.
- Analysis of design basis accidents in compliance with REGDOC-2.4.1. Nuclear Safety support for station projects related to use of cobalt adjusters, Pu-238, shim operation, etc.
- Hands-on experience in safety analysis, including participation in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Knowledge of the link between the design basis, operations, and the safety analysis of the station.
- Experience in managing CNSC regulatory and licensing issues within nuclear safety context.
- Extensive knowledge of nuclear safety analyses (thermalhydraulics) and their basis, especially as related to CHF and PDO measurements and predictions and use in safety analysis.
- Capability to use deterministic safety analysis computer codes, and knowledge of code development and code validation.