Our client is currently requesting resumes fo: Project Manager
Resume Due Date: Monday December 4 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Project: Rapid Delivery Machine Project
Duration: 3 years
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Background – All staff supporting this requisition will be involved in the Rapid Delivery Machine Project. This project supports the Inspection and Reactor Innovation division (formerly IMS). The project is to design, fabricate and commission 2 Fuel Channel Inspection Tool Delivery Machines, as well as associated plant modifications at PNGS and DNGS. The scope also includes any required modifications to Fuel Channel Inspection tooling.
This is a large multi-discipline project with multiple stakeholders and system interfaces. The project requires dedicated, enthusiastic and hard-working staff who thrive in a challenging, interesting and fast-paced work environment.
Seeking an individual with not less than 10yrs PM experience including multifaceted projects >$50M. The individual will be responsible for co-ordinating a multi-discipline team through the design, fabrication and commissioning of all modifications to support the Rapid Delivery Machine Project. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Business Case development and OPG Gate approval
- Assume responsibility for schedule, cost and resourcing to furnish committed project deliverables as per the business case summary.
- Provide direction and drive for overall project, project team, and project schedule
- Mentor and guide team members as required to increase individual autonomy, confidence and competence.
- Meet and manage project stakeholders, priorities and conflicts
- Complete all required executive project updates including monthly project metrics and forecasts, as well as updates on any technical issues or project risks.
- Travel to the vendor’s site to perform oversight on project progress and deliverable quality.
- Professional engineer or similar education
- Motivated self-starter and leader
- Required experience:
- Not less than 10yrs PM experience including multifaceted projects >$50M
- Leading teams and managing stakeholders
- As an articulate and effective communicator in English (both written and verbal)
- Meeting project financial and schedule commitments
- Desirable experience:
- OPG specific project experience
- Experience with Automation
- Experience with Reactor Inspection Tooling
- Experience with Fuel Handling
- Experience working in nuclear power generation