Accounts Payable Assistant
Our Oil & Gas client has a current need for an Accounts Payable Assistant in Edmonton. In this role you will ensure that the outflow of funds from the Accounts Payable department is processed in an efficient, effective and timely manner for the various companies accounted for by our clients Edmonton office, as well as, be responsible for ensuring customers’ needs are identified and met in an efficient and effective manner while ensuring compliance with our clients standard AP business practices.
- Process invoices, cheque requisitions, wire transfers and payment files in a timely accurate manner ensuring all established accounts payable processing procedures are executed.
- Responsible for understanding and applying the General Authorities and Spending Limits (ASL) policy to ensure proper authorization of out flow of funds from the companies.
- Responsible for understanding and applying appropriately commodity tax rules. This also includes raising and following up to resolution any issues or concerns.
- Responsible for accounts payable Sox compliance by understanding and executing key controls. This involves regular review of accounts payable Sox flowcharts and documentation.
- Responsible for managing individual working folders while achieving routing service standards on a consistent basis.
- Must take initiative to problem solve routing of invoices and other typical issues with daily processing of invoices.
- Responsible for keeping current in training on the use of Oracle and Markview financial systems.
- Compile payment batches for the various affiliated companies.
- Respond and follow up to resolution in a professional manner queries from internal and external customers.
- Assist with batching and scanning of invoices as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Post secondary credentials in related discipline such as Business Administration, Accounting combined with a minimum of 1 – 2 years experience in an office setting within an accounts payable role preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to various situations and apply previous knowledge.
- Intermediate or above data entry skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Comprehension of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
- Work well within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Must be able to handle high volume of invoices in a busy office environment setting.
- Values other opinions and respects diversity.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.