Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the worlds strongest companies in the oil and gas and technology industries. This is where you come in.
Our oil and gas client is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to work in Edmonton, AB.
In this role, you will ensure that the outflow of funds from the Accounts Payable department is processed in an efficient, effective and timely manner for the various companies accounted for by the Edmonton office. Responsible for ensuring customers’ needs are identified and met in an efficient and effective manner while ensuring compliance with standard AP business practices.
• Process invoices, cheque requisitions, wire transfers and payment files in a timely accurate manner ensuring all established accounts payable processing procedures are executed.
• Responsible for understanding and applying the General Authorities and Spending Limits (ASL) policy to ensure proper authorization of out flow of funds from the companies.
• Responsible for understanding and applying appropriately commodity tax rules. This also includes raising and following up to resolution any issues or concerns.
• Responsible for accounts payable Sox compliance by understanding and executing key controls. This involves regular review of accounts payable Sox flowcharts and documentation.
• Responsible for managing individual working folders while achieving routing service standards on a consistent basis.
• Must take initiative to problem solve routing of invoices and other typical issues with daily processing of invoices.
• Responsible for keeping current in training on the use of Oracle and Markview financial systems.
• Compile payment batches for the various affiliated companies.
• Respond and follow up to resolution in a professional manner queries from internal and external customers.
• Assist with batching and scanning of invoices as required.
• Responsible for preparation and execution of personal development plan.
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Post secondary credentials in related discipline such as Business Administration, Accounting combined with a minimum of 1 – 2 years experience in an office setting within an accounts payable role preferred.
• Effective interpersonal skills and a strong customer focus.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt to various situations and apply previous knowledge.
• Intermediate or above data entry skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Comprehension of the English language with good written and oral communication skills.
• Work well within a multi-disciplinary team environment
• Must be able to handle high volume of invoices in a busy office environment setting.
• Values other opinions and respects diversity
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.