Our large Oil & Gas client is seeking a Business Analyst in Calgary.
- Maintain a Major Project (MP) Database that houses all MP statistical information and conducts analytics to predict performance and generate multi-year scorecards that support strategic priorities.
- Responsible for tracking competitiveness achievements in MP and working closely with Value Engineering on targets.
- Support MP’s multi-year strategy through Key Performance Indicators that tie into the targets set by Value Engineering.
- Support the development and analysis of dashboards and reporting through working with internal MP teams as well as external to MP departments such as: Human Resources, Finance, Technology Information Services, Public Affairs and Communication, Supply Chain Management, Environment, Safety, Land, Enterprise Safety & Operational Reliability, Liquids Pipeline, Gas & Power Distribution, Gas Pipelines & Processing, Corporate Development Office.
- Ensure MP is successful in meeting the intended outcomes of the Strategy Priorities established the prior year and provide Management with an ongoing line of sight to the performance against the MP strategic plans by researching, compiling and organizing data housed in the Strategy & Analytics department, Value Engineering, and the PMO. This will require the incumbent to influence functional areas, MP customers and senior management team members without authority.
- Develop content for MP’s executive management communications to the various Boards of the Enterprise, the Corporations’ Executive Leadership Team and a variety of internal/external stakeholders.
- Outline the yearly plan for the dashboard and reporting timelines and manage not only the incumbent's workload but the workload of all individuals required to provide input and direction into the presentation. Ensure there is sufficient time for management review and edits and complete quick turnarounds of documents to meet demanding timelines.
- Be responsive to the excessive amount of ad hoc requests stemming from multiple sources which provide challenging opportunities but also the need to prioritize amongst the tasks.
- Ensure all communication are accurate (no errors), and follow the brand requirements of our client.
- University degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or related field.
- Impeccable communication skills with a focus on writing and presentation development as evidenced in prior roles.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail and ability to think conceptually.
- Organized individual with the ability to prioritize work to meet tight deadlines and juggle competing priorities.
- Team player with an ability to relate to and work cooperatively with multiple levels in the organization.
- High level of curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in finance, communications or other related fields.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the standard MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint) and analytical tools (PowerBI).
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.