Our downtown Calgary based Energy client has an immediate need for a Business Analyst to help them with their Downstream Information Delivery. The successful candidate will provide business process solutions, develop business requirements, test business computer applications, and support end-users across the Downstream department.They will be involved in handling operational issues on a daily bases, as well as lead/contribute to various projects as required.
- Oversee administration and governance of business systems and associated processes for the Downstream business.
- Act as single point-of-contact for application related opportunities, issues, and escalation of such issues:
- Work with the business to facilitate stepwise change requirements being documented in the system.
- Communicate with core stakeholders and end-users.
- Manage Scope and Change requests.
- Formally accept completed deliverables.
- Provide quality assurance to the development and implementation of deliverables, including documentation.
- Investigate and diagnose any problem areas:
- Resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Determine degree, nature, and type of change that each impacted business area will experience.
- Assess stakeholder readiness for change/implementation.
- Communicate information to all impacted areas of the business.
- Oversee existing and new system solution requests and prioritize with business, Information Services (IS), and external parties:
- Recommend and develop requests and business cases for major changes to management.
- Coordinate and develop documentation, process control, and issue tracking procedure.
- Provide business process knowledge and develop proof-of-concept/prototyping.
- Develop training materials, workshops and/or train-the-trainer sessions, strategies, plans, and designs.
- Direct and execute preparatory and follow-up work.
- Document, maintain, and validate business requirements.
- Develop and document test cases, scripts, and objectives (user acceptance testing).
- Ensure standard audit and document management practices are followed
- Participate in new design workshops.
- Assist with documentation, technical/data design, test cases/scripts, objectives, and testing activities (integration/conversion/system/regression, etc.)
- Facilitate and champion Business System planning:
- Promote and ensure business benefits are in line with strategic and operational direction.
- Ensure business benefits are realized.
- Liaison between the business, audit, IS, and external parties as required:
- For all business driven enhancements and scalable requirements.
- For all business and IS sustainment and maintenance requirements.
- For all Audit compliance controls/requirements.
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- Completion (or near completion) of a related post-secondary degree/diploma.
- 5-7 years of Oil & Gas Business Analyst experience.
- 5-7 years experience with ERP systems and standard reporting systems in a Support or Super-User role.
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- Completed Business Analyst Certification or working towards industry-recognized certification.
- Developed project management experience.
- Advanced computer skills, including software and database management, and MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of SMS, OMS, NGMS, RightAngle, SAP, and/or BW.
- Experience with system implementations and integrations.
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.