Our large Oil & Gas client is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a short-term contract in Calgary.
- Partners with business and technology partners to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements.
- Performs process analysis work (defines, measures, and analyzes), identifies root causes, reports findings, and proposes/implements and controls solutions.
- Analyzes, documents and tests logic, process flows and specifications.
- Works with business subject matter experts to define and conduct user acceptance testing.
- Documents user manuals to describe application expectations and operating procedures
Coordinates the project resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Models and enhances business process diagrams (current state and future state)
Integrates current operational processes with evolving business needs into a successful re-engineered process.
- Participates in and documents all aspects of the implementation of the reengineered process into business operations.
Skills/ Qualifications Required:
- Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into requirements.
- Ability to create compelling business cases and elicit benefits realization.
- Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Ability to question thought partners across functional areas.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products.
- Basic understanding of modeling techniques.
- Experienced with organizational change, change management, and process improvement.
- Hands-on experience with process design standards, as well as modeling, and analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite to create, manipulate and analyze data required to produce consolidated reports – Visio, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Significant experience in operational process re-engineering and change management
Skills/ Qualifications Preferred:
- Lean six sigma methodologies
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.