Business Development Representative
Our highly respected Oil & Gas client is currently seeking a Business Development Representative in Calgary. The Business Development Representative is responsible for attracting new customers to our client’s retail and commercial fuel, and ancillary sales businesses. In this role, you will work collaboratively with other internal departments including Retail and Commercial Operations, IS, Accounting, Finance and Legal. There is also a high level of collaboration required with external service providers including data and analytics, gift and payment cards, and creative and production.
Must haves Skills/ Qualifications:
- 10+ years in a Business Development role: the unique combination of being a self-starter and a team player, ability to open doors with creative and innovative approaches to customer acquisition.
- Business Diploma/Degree or 10 years of experience/related education.
- 2 or more years of experience within Oil & Gas.
- An aggressive self-starter with a hunter mentality; someone hungry for new business and growth.
- A combination of new sales and account development experience with a more proactive approach to relationships.
- An individual who won’t hide behind strategy and instead will be out there driving new business.
Nice to have Skills/ Qualifications:
- Customer Behaviour and Loyalty: proven ability to understand customer behaviour and leverage change through a rewards/incentives program either on the agency or client side.
- Promotional and Partner Relationships: proven experience building successful relationships in the retail consumer and B2B channels.
- Technology and Innovation: a strong orientation towards leveraging new solutions for generating marketing results.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.