Our client is a large player in the nuclear industry, 100% of their business is in the Candu Nuclear Power Sector. They are the main leader in delivering high precision machining for the demanding requirements of the Power Industry.
They are actively seeking CNC Machinists who can maintain production and quality while being a strong team player. At minimum all machinist will be required to work rotating day and afternoon shifts as well as some weekend work.
If you are looking to join a team of professional who take pride in their work please do not hesitate to apply!
- Support the team to create of optimal programs to machine complex components from a variety of stainless steel and nickel alloys;
- Set up and operate CNC mills, lathes, and mill/turn machines to manufacture products which meet the exacting requirements of the nuclear industry.
- Interact closely with the Quality Control department to validate that all components produced are 100% in specification;
- Take immediate and appropriate action whenever a deviation or non-conformance is identified;
- Support all CI activities related to improving process flow;
- Rigorously monitor all equipment and tooling to ensure optimal performance.
- Outstanding CNC machining skills with significant experience working in the nuclear, aerospace or defense industries;
- Minimum five years manufacturing precision-machined components using 4 and 5 axis mills, multi-axis lathes, long lathes, and/or mill/turn machines in stainless steel;
- Proficiency interpreting complex manufacturing drawings with GDT specifications;
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required in our industry;
- Demonstrable ability as an adaptable team player with strong communication and problem-solving abilities.