Years of Experience: 4 – 9 Years
Work Location: Port Hope, Ontario
Rotation Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Approx. Duration: September 11, 2017 to September 13, 2019
- Bachelor’s degree in business or another related field
- Five (5) years of experience in contract development (equivalent combination of education and work experience considered)
- Experience in a projects or construction environment
- Supply Chain Management Certification (asset)
Reporting to: Manager, Project Procurement at the Saskatoon corporate office
Travel Required: Required to travel between the two locations (Saskatoon, SK and Port Hope, ON) on a periodic basis.
Specific Projects: Vision in Motion
Our large mining Client is looking for a motivated, team oriented professional who values integrity, safety and the environment and strives to incorporate those values into their everyday achievements.
As a Contracts Specialist at the Port Hope conversion facility, working closely with the construction and project management teams, you will apply best practices and a framework of processes in the development of construction contracts and material orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of contract development including identification, negotiation and implementation of appropriate pricing, terms and reporting frameworks
- Drive development and implementation of various types of contracts
- Assist the project procurement manager with development and monitoring of contractors’ performance
- Purchase materials