Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for a Data Governance Specialist on a 6-month assignment with the option to extend the term up to 10 months in Toronto-ON.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Thought Leadership for Data Governance
- Proactively champion the value of data as a strategic asset by setting up and enhancing Data Governance frameworks, standards, policies, artefacts and processes to be leveraged by business units locally & regionally.
- Work with the Data Owners to ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities, providing advisory guidance and support to ensure Data Governance accountabilities are understood.
- Liaise with ITC and other Information Management and/or Data Management functions at WSIB collaborating to provide support and sharing learnings including standards, policies and processes on WSIB’s Data Governance journey.
Data Governance Strategy, Policy, Standards & Enforcement
- Implement and support the strategic direction for how WSIB uses data internally and externally.
- Create and supports the development of the Data Governance Framework and Strategy for WSIB
- Create and support the development of Data Governance policies, standards and processes that support the Data Governance Strategy.
- Recommend best practice based data governance, quality and stewardship methodologies
Executive and cross-functional, cross-project support for Data Risks and Governance:
- Support committees and business partners to identify Data Governance requirements and mitigate data risks.
- Establish and provide advisory support on data governance processes enterprise-wide to all Business and IT Functions.
Data Governance cross-functional organization support:
- Support the establishment of data ownership and accountability within the business
- Partner with the business to ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to support data governance accountabilities
- Educate and encourage data to be recognized as a “Strategic Enterprise Asset”
- Support the selection and adoption of Data Governance & data quality tools.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.