Have you ever wanted to work for a company that is on the front lines of deploying technological talent to those who make the products that we rely on to make life more enjoyable?
Well here we are, meet the Ian Martin Group, building authentic connections through meaningful work.
Here at the Ian Martin Group we work with some of the most technologically advanced organizations on the planet.
Our goal is to connect skilled technical talent to a world of opportunity that has an impact on the lives of others.
We have an immediate need for your kind of talent.
One of our Clients is looking for DB2 DBA with Purescale Exp. for 6 months’ contract in Durham, NC 27707, United States
- DB2 Database Administrator to implement and administer databases within a multi-tiered environment.
- The DBA will play a critical role in design, build, implementation, upgrade and optimization of DB2 databases in a pureScale Cluster of AIX servers.
- The Database Administrator will support DB2.
- Monitor/maintain/upgrade the DB2 database and assist the application team with performance tuning initiatives, and builds from the application vendor Interface with business analysts and application developers to create and maintain physical data models based on the logical design Monitor and tune databases to ensure peak performance Design/implement backup and recovery solutions
- Provide assistance to associates to resolve technical issues, document and implement best practices for the database environments Establish standards, controls and procedures to ensure data integrity and security
- Perform capacity planning and projection for future growths
- Provide on-call support on a rotation basis
- Helping with Data Modelling, Physical & Logical Data Model Diagrams Implement new database instances, create indexes, performance Tune Queries. System DBA Tasks, Table Space maintenance, backup/restore, runstats /reorg, database migrations and upgrades.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent competency Proficient in administering and tuning DB2 in a pureScale Cluster environment.
- Proficient in administering and tuning DB2 on AIX environment, experience with administering/tuning multi-partition and Clustered databases preferred
- Experience with Data Server Manager (DSM) and other database tools (i.e. Toad, etc.)
- Significant experience with database backup/recovery strategies Technical expertise on current AIX operating systems with pureScale Clustering
- Experience with DBA productivity tools preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- 5-7 years of Information Technology experience consisting of 2 years of application development experience
- 2-3 years DBA experience in DB2 on AIX platforms in a pureScale
- Clustered environment IBM DB2 Certification preferred or willing to obtain
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.