On of our top Energy clients is actively seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position is responsible to provide practical engineering solutions for our client’s operational facilities in Lloydminster, SK. The work is guided by the professional ethics founded upon integrity, competence, dignity and devotion to service, holding paramount the health, safety and welfare of the public and the environment. The position is responsible to adhere to internal and external engineering processes, practices, policies, codes, standards and specifications.
Individuals will need to be highly adaptable, organized, and task-oriented to support smaller projects/changes rather than mega-projects; this allows members of this team to experience more in a short amount of time. Its required that this person have extremely strong professional communication skills to work with operations and project teams.
For this 1 year contract with a possibility of extension, the working hours are Monday to Friday, 8 hours days with no OT and travel is anticipated once per week to surrounding sites. Travel time is paid along with KMs but contractors are required to use their own vehicle as well as provide their own PPE.
- Reviewing engineering work for project leaders
- Supporting our client’s Management of Change process including evaluation, design and document management
- Reviewing and authenticating engineering work for peers and junior engineers
- Providing technical expertise and assistance to operations and maintenance teams
- Contributing to our client’s electrical standards including the review of specifications and best practices
- Advocacy of the Corporate Electrical Safety System program
- Participating in PHA, P&ID reviews, RCFA, incident reviews and other related QA/QC/HSE tasks
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for operating cost reduction and optimization
- Minimum of 5 years relevant electrical engineering experience
- A degree in electrical engineering
- Professional Engineer designation recognized by APEGA and/or APEGS
- Knowledge of and practical experience with low and medium voltage distribution systems, load flow, and protective devices
- Knowledge of and practical experience with electric heat trace systems.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and electrical standards relevant to the oil and gas industry, including NEMA, IEEE, API, CSA, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in oil and gas operations
- Good understanding of conventional or heavy oil and gas production processes, technology and equipment
- Good understanding of management of change
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.