Our Energy client is seeking a GIS Developer in Calgary. In this role you will be responsible for full lifecycle development including design, develop, test, debugging, interface design, documentation, deployment, and maintaining integrated GIS solutions that are reliable and scalable.
Job Responsibilities Include;
- Develop and maintain technical specifications for developed applications.
- Assist with analysis of business requirements, design and development of a web GIS application components that are integrated with other technologies using service Oriented Architecture approach.
- Design and develop web services that integrate with other web service platforms using protocols like SOAP, RESTful and data interchange formats like JSON, xml, shapefiles, etc.
- Analyze technical issues and implement solutions to technical problems that are aligned with the AER architecture standards and best practices.
- Assist with data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability.
- Analyzing, problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve application issues.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the leadership team regarding pertinent activities.
Mandatory Skills/ Qualifications Required;
- Experience in design and development of web GIS applications built using ArcGIS and Geocortex technologies.
- Experience in design and development of scalable and secured web services that integrate with other technologies in service oriented architecture.
- Experiences in ESRI geoprocessing service development using Python.
- Experience with Geodatabase management and development.
- Proven experience developing map viewers with GeoCortex Essentials and HTML 5
Nice to Have Skills/ Qualifications;
- Experiences with FME server and FME services development (FME workbench, FME Rest API).
- Experience in creating tools, scripts or services for representing and converting spatial data between various formats like CAD, shapefile, etc.
- Oil and Gas related work experience is definitively an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other skills deemed necessary for team or project compatibility;
- Experience with MS SQL 2008+.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong service culture.
- Exposure to change management.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders and team member.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a Computer Technology Diploma and/or related progressive experience with formal GIS training.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.