Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for a Guidewire Technical lead on a 24-month assignment in Toronto, ON.
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Knowledge & Skills
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with Guidewire products (PolicyCenter, BillingCenter, ClaimCenter), preferably version 7.0, in technical consultant/lead role during implementation and maintenance phases
- 5+ years experience in Java based technologies with general knowledge of specific components such as Authentication/Authorization, Active Directory, LDAP, CICS Transaction Gateway, JMS, MQ, JDBC, FTP, Mail etc.
- 5+ years experience in developing business applications that have transaction data in ORACLE and / or SQL DB
- 5+ years experience in distributed system integration technologies that span various platforms and operating systems
- 5+ years experience in HTTP/S, FTP technologies including Secure FTP, FTPS, sFTP, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x/6.x and AIX 5/7.x Operating system
- 10+ years experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of Enterprise solutions
Strong troubleshooting capability:
- Excellent communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
- Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills
- 5+ years’ experience in IBM WebSphere MQ / WebSphere Message Broker products
- Work with management to in the construction and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
- Providing details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met;
- Providing high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members.
- Interact with the technical teams by:
- Providing feedback, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
- Work with system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between WSIB and service providers;
- Performing system installations and software testing;
- Translating logical data model to physical data model
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Functioning in a support capacity, communicating options for resolution of software issues.
- Collaborate with project or support teams by:
- Defining data models and processing models based on the business requirements to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
- Participating in defects meetings;
- Supporting all testing, code drop release notes and the implementation of development components.
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager.
- Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.