Our Oil & Gas client is seeking an HSE Advisor in Marystown, NFLD. The HSE Lead reports to the Projects Manager and takes the lead on behalf of the Manager in programs related to the areas of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) for our client’s LQ construction.
This role provides advice to the Construction Manager on the implementation and progress of the safety management system to achieve a zero-incident culture at site. Additionally, this role liaises with the Regulatory bodies as required and other stakeholders specifically on incident management and safety issues.
- Responsible for contractor’s oversight in implementation of our client’s developments standards and requirements during all phases of the CGS construction.
- Promote the overall projects KPIs.
- Review all contractor plans and monitor implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring that Contractors HSE Plan(s) requirements and commitments are adhered to;
- Support our client’s site team on regulatory requirements during fabrication, construction work scopes as requested.
- Oversee Contractors emergency response & security planning as per client project requirements.
- Act as liaison for HSE on behalf of our client.
- Responsible for contractor’s oversight in Incident Management;
- Perform HSE audits & Inspections as per audit schedule and as required
- Compile statistical analysis data and performance reports.
- Participate in project risk assessments.
- Responsible for keeping client management apprised on any health and safety issues that are notable on site.
- Implement improvement initiatives as appropriate and providing advice as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the site has adequate HSE support/coverage during all phases of the project.
Must Have Skills/Qualifications:
- 15 years of project experience.
- 10 years experience in a lead HSE Role.
- Formal education in Health Safety and Environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Provincial Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Legislation.
Nice to Have Skills/Qualifications:
- Training in Investigative techniques.
- Training in Fall arrest, Confined Space, Behavior Based Safety.
- CRSP designation.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.