Our Federal client is looking for two intermediate Database Administrators.
The two candidates will use specialized software to store and organize data. The role of the DBAs may include database design, ongoing support and administration of databases for a specific application or applications, capacity planning, installation, configuration, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
The duties of the candidate will include but are not limited to:
- Define new Database structures and schemas;
- Define data conversion strategies;
- Define database conversion specifications;
- Customize data base conversion routines;
- Finalize conversion strategies;
- Generate new databases with the client;
In addition to the requirements stated here, the successful candidates will clearly demonstrate the following mandatory technical criteria:
The candidates must meet the minimum qualification for Level 2 Database Administrator, which is 5- < 10 years of experience
Has a minimum of 60 months of experience within the last 120 months performing each of the following:
- DB2 for UNIX or LINUX database administration and;
- physical database design for DB2
Has a minimum of 36 months of experience within the last 72 months performing:
- Netezza database administration and;
- physical database design for Netezza
Has a minimum of 60 months experience within the last 120 months with each of the following:
- developing database scripts;
- Triggers; and
- stored procedures.
Has a minimum 60 months of experience within the last 120 months with each of the following:
- resolving DB2 database performance issues; and
- performing performance tuning for DB2 databases.
Has a minimum 36 months of experience within the last 72 months performing performance tuning for
- Netezza databases.
Must posses a SECRET security clearance
Must be available to work in the National Capital Region