Intermediate Technical Analyst
Our highly respected client is currently seeking an Intermediate Technical Analyst for a three-year contract in Edmonton. Your experience and breadth of knowledge across IT infrastructure, information and application technologies will be essential to develop, validate and meet specifications (use cases, non-functional, etc). Your demonstrated information technology skills, excellent collaboration and ability to understand business needs and work within a project team will be the basis of your success in this role. Strong communication, problem solving and planning skills will help you excel in this role.
- Create project documents and associated planning documents.
- Create stakeholder analyses.
- Lead consultations and facilitate stakeholder meetings.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and technical requirements.
- Create new business and technical processes and complete business process reviews/re-engineering for existing processes.
- Facilitate business process improvement sessions.
- Assist in the development of new IT services.
- Schedule, organize and lead project status meetings and other meetings as required.
- Provide support by bridging communication between vendors, clients, and corporate technical and business teams.
- Escalate unresolved issues/risks, options and recommendations.
Mandatory Skills/ Qualifications;
- University Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Computing, Business Management, or a related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 4-7 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience with a minimum of 5 projects, in a role with the responsibility of producing Business Process Modeling, Risk Assessment and Process Reengineering/modeling/analysis for a large, complex organization.
- 5 years experience and proven ability to document components of business operations processes including requirements documents, workflow diagrams, process analysis, procedure descriptions and role assessments/summaries.
- Skills in facilitation, presentation and relationship building: Ability to engage multiple internal and external stakeholders from various disciplines (Client organizations, Development, Testing, Data Base Analysts, and Systems Analysts) and organizational hierarchies (line staff, middle management, senior management) to present recommendations and obtain decision-making results.
- Proven project experience of independent research & recommendations made on new solutions for emerging business needs. You will be required to design common solutions to address business needs within the context of the governing business rules & the established enterprise technology standards in a large, complex environment.
- Experience in MS Project, MS Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other office products (recent versions).
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.