Our client is currently seeking a part-time IT Writer in Edmonton. In this role you will initially be assigned to our client's business area of Apprenticeship and Industry Training however; this role may be reassigned to service other business areas as required.
- Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to determine the requirements for technical documents and/or strategic information and technology management documents.
- Confirm expected requirements with technical and business stakeholders,
- Develop plans for creating and/or updating technical documents and/or strategic information and technology management documents,
- Develop technical documents and/or strategic information and technology management documents.
- Validate technical documents and/or strategic information and technology management documents developed with stakeholders.
- Document and report on the status of their efforts.
Mandatory Skills/ Qualifications;
- University Degree, Diploma or Certificate in a related discipline.
- 6 years experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas;
- Facilitating requirements gathering workshops.
- Developing documentation for content management plans communications and strategies plans and process and technical documents.
- Translating customer business needs into requirements to support the business strategy.
- Optimizing content for the web and evaluating content for readability, findability, usability and interactivity.
- Writing web content from scratch to fit in a predefined information architecture (IA).
- Working on digital or web design projects involving multiple functional teams.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.