Logistics & Surface Development Administrative Assistant
Our Oil & Gas client is seeking a Logistics & Surface Development Administrative Assistant to join their team in Calgary. This role will report to the Logistics & Surface Development (L&SD) Manager along with ad-hoc support to team managers and technicians while providing top-quality back up support to the Exploration & Production Services (E&PS) administrative team.
This group requires a superior administrator with a positive attitude, who can support a dynamic team that often faces a changing environment with a high capacity of work and multiple projects on the go at one time.
- Day to day support of the L&SD Manager & Team Managers.
- Act as a liaison for E&PS Logistics & Surface Development and other groups in Exploration & Production Services.
- SG&A Analysis – Review & reconcile monthly L&SD SG&A.
- Focal point for consolidation of management reports and the preparation of weekly reports.
- Document management – HDMS super user & document management.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for any Superintendents/Managers.
- Requisition creation of new hires in Field Glass.
- Maintain contractor end dates and fix Budget Errors within the Vendor Management System (VMS).
- Update training profiles within SAP, create Contractor training profiles and maintain certificates.
- Coordinate internal office moves and manage office supply orders.
- Event planning and catering requests.
- Fleet Management (E&PS Vehicle Admin) (Mileage Entering, Vehicle Ordering, Settlements).
- Time administration for contracted employees.
- Maintain organizational charts in SAP, PowerPoint or Visio as required.
- Coordinate Quarterly L&SD and Leadership team meetings.
- Transcribe meeting minutes & action items when necessary and attend E&PS administrator meetings.
- Coordinate Field Supervisor new hire training.
- Assist L&SD Manager with yearly SG&A Budget.
- Maintain and update Sharepoint and Safety Certificates within the HSE Trackers.
- Pull training compliance from SAP for L&SD team when required and make updates as necessary.
- Updating the Storyboard Content each month for the 37th floor.
- Back-up to other E&PS Administrators as required.
Must Have Skills/ Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of professional administrative experience in a busy environment managing diverse tasks.
- Minimum completion of high school diploma.
- Must recognise the importance of displaying tact and good judgement when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Superior organisational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent proof reading, business and technical writing skills.
- Willingness to accept new challenges.
- Efficient self-starter with the ability to work independently.
Nice to Have Skills/ Qualifications:
- Drilling, completions & construction or upstream business experience.
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or certificate in related field.
- Prior experience using SAP, SiteView, WellView, Cortex, HEIGIS, and/or ACCUMAP.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to variety of technical computer applications.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.