Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for a Mainframe Technical Specialist for a 12-month assignment in Toronto, ON.
Knowledge & Skills
Working Knowledge of Mainframe ZOs
Working Knowledge of JCL language, Cobol
Working knowledge of mainframe storage environment. ( DASD, VTS, TAPES, DFSMS, datasets)
Knowledge of storage management related software (IBM or OEM) and file maintenance
Working knowledge of UNIX or Shell Scripting
Solid knowledge of various file format and databased including but not limited to VSAM, FOCUS, flat, EDI, etc.
Solid understanding of open systems like SQL and DB2
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently
NICE TO HAVE
Working experience with SUPRA and supporting files, and Mainframe DB2
Knowledge of Oracle, Exadata or PeopleSoft
HP Quality Center or ALM
Individual will be responsible for technical tasks related to the test data management and delivery of test data to mainframe and open systems. Maintain test data management technical platform, automate and optimize test data management technical processes.
1. Interact with technical teams, perform and communicate technical analysis around required test data in the mainframe, data sets and other tools. Knowledge of Open systems would be a benefit
2. Perform test data files maintenance including file transfers, backups and restores, file compares, naming conventions, log validations, etc. in CICS / mainframe testing regions
3. Put together JCLs and ODJs for backup and restore and other maintenance activities and triaging of mainframe files, prepare detailed service requests for infrastructure vendor
4. Perform technical analysis around file delivery, triage file backup and restore related issues
5. Automate test data management processes as required using shell or Unix scripting
6. Review, and maintain test data deployment plans / run-books and templates
7. Participate in/ perform technical triages around test data assets in testing environments
8. Update, analyze test data management related technical documentation including technical approaches, master lists, technical logs, release notes for test data delivery
9. Perform and automate test data assets tracking on the technical level, automate technical reports generation around test data management
10. Maintain Test Data Management platform, work closely with infrastructure, environments, release management, and security teams to ensure compliance of technical platform components with test data management team needs and WSIB environment and security policies
11. Coordinate all above listed activities
12. Contribute to improvement of the technical practices and test data management processes
Other duties as required
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.