Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assign the work of maintenance employees.
- Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as mixers, conveyors, compressors and pumps.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters etc as needed
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Able to set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Reviews job orders to determine work priorities.
- Work within the maintenance budget.
- Manage all maintenance initiatives to meet deadlines and budgets while optimizing plant efficiency.
- Provide direction for maintaining and operating all physical equipment so as to minimize downtime.
- Oversee, maintain and progressively improve a preventative maintenance program
- Plans, develops and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Confers with management, engineering and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with design engineers.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years experience in maintenance/machine technology
- 5-7 years experience in manufacturing supervision
- Ability to plan and implement computerized preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, installation and modification of plant equipment
- Ability to supervise and provide growth for a strong technical group, which includes Electricians, Instrument Techs, and Mechanics on three shifts
- Strong communication and problem solving abilities.
- Must have a strong safety mindset and the ability to work well with Production Management as well as be a vital part of the business.
- Licensed electrician with a strong electrical troubleshooting aptitude.
- Must be a licensed Millwright technician in Ontario with excellent mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of regulatory codes (building, fire, electrical, TSSA, etc.) in manufacturing industry.
- High school diploma; degree from a vocational school will be an asset