Manufacturing Engineer Specialist
Perfection doesn’t mean doing everything right on the very first try: it means being committed to improving, adapting, and innovating at all times.
If you’re like us, driven by precision in everything you do, we’ve got an opportunity you might be interested in.
We’re an automotive parts manufacturer who strives for perfection in everything we do: whether we’re providing the very best in parts to a range of clients, or providing a safe and positive workplace for our employees, dedication, commitment, and consistency are the hallmarks of our ongoing success.
We’re looking to add a new Manufacturing Engineer Specialist to our team, and if you have what it takes to succeed in a position with a big impact, then we want to hear from you.
Manufacturing Engineer Specialist
Your purpose in this role will be to provide support in a number of functions related to the production of our powdered metal components.
Your role begins with planning and budgeting. Working in consultation with our other engineers (especially in product engineering, operations, and QA), you’ll help to initiate the process by collecting information about cycle and lead times, modifying layouts and processes, and examining, analyzing, and updating budgets. You’ll also aid in developing estimates, quotations, and presentations for various orders.
During production, you’ll keep and eye out for problems, and develop strategies for keeping things moving whether the problem is mechanical, budgetary or logistical.
Besides working on the day-to-day operations of our manufacturing, you’ll also engage in research and analytics. Working on continuous improvement projects, you’ll be spending some of your time looking for inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement.
Aside from your manufacturing/engineering experience, we’ll be looking for someone who is:
- Results oriented – you understand the whole manufacturing process, and know about the importance of initial planning for the finished product.
- Organized – tracking different projects is no problem for you, because you’ve got proven strategies for keeping projects on time, on budget, and in line with quality standards.
- Great at analysis – you know that improvement is a constant process, and have great strategies for figuring out how things can be done better.
Working With Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary, relative to your skills and experience.
We are committed to getting better every day, and work to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develops leaders, and rewards results.
Our employees have many reasons why they love working for us, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and we work hard to foster a group that is motivated to get the job done, together.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Ontario P.Eng or CET Designation
- 3-5 year experience in large volume tier I automotive metal manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with PMFEAs or similar risk mitigation protocols
- Experience creating process flow diagrams
- Experience troubleshooting/adjusting production schedules
- Strong computer skills, and ability to use/learn software related to manufacturing/production schedules
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.