Are you looking to move your career forward? Would you like to become part of a growing team that is rewarded for hard work and commitment? If you answered yes to both questions this exciting role may be just what you’ve been waiting for! In this role, you will shine as a true leader, while helping to manage our client’s Fort McMurray production facility. Your strong background in safety and plant operations will ensure our client’s plant is operated in a safe and reliable manner, while meeting environmental and quality standards. Don’t miss this opportunity to become part of a unique culture that enables employees to thrive in a supportive and engaging workplace. Click apply below and send us your resume today!
- Manage Ammonium Sulphate Production Operations.
- Ensure that site assets are operated in the most cost effective, responsible and reliable manner.
- Constantly monitor plant safety and employee safe work habits, maintaining Company standards at a minimum.
- Continually evaluate site processes for cost effectiveness and upgrade as required.
- Ensure that site assets are maintained to reduce the risk of lost business through equipment. reliability or the risk of safety and environmental incidents.
- Assist in the preparation and management of site period costs and capital budgets.
- Ensure site environmental management systems are in place, functional and permit and licensing requirements are met.
- Manage responsible care activities for the site ensuring that risks are minimized for site employees and the surrounding community.
- Maintain working environment that fosters a high degree of participation and team work from all employees.
- Manage quality systems for the site ensuring that quality product is produced.
- Provide site representation to external parties and organizations and be responsible for manufacturing and operational issues affecting the site.
- Act as a site liaison for our client for community relations and community outreach initiatives related to the Ft. McMurray plant.
- 5+ years of Operations Leadership/Management in an industrial manufacturing environment (Chemicals, Pulp/Paper, Petrochemical, Steel Processing, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a concentration in Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong history of commitment to safety in an industrial environment.
- Valid Driver's License.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.