Our Oil & Gas client has a current need for a Planner/ Scheduler in Calgary. Reporting to the Team Lead, Upstream and Downstream Applications, the Planner/ Scheduler will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all phases and activities involved in the release of a system or new system features into the production environment. This includes release planning, scheduling, execution, risk management activities and change management processes.
- Track and monitor release progress and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify necessary management structures for features releases and ensure all key stakeholders are informed and involved.
- Manage assigned internal and external resources within the scope of the project, provide a collaborative and performance driven environment.
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate release risks.
- Ensure that release and change deliverables are executed in accordance with IS methodologies and meets business requirements, where applicable.
- Effectively manage teams time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed.
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of releases across allocated area.
- Estimate project costs and manage allocations across allocated area, including related scope control.
- Complete regular reporting and change request processes, including scheduling, schedule tracking of planned vs actuals (time, resources and cost).
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a contributor to the success of a range of projects or releases.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience applying project management processes, techniques and tools.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio.
- Experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners; can consolidate requirements and translate them into IS Deliverables.
- Experienced in managing multiple dependencies between changes; can recognize and manage risks and issues, can allocate tasks and monitor execution performance, and can effectively present and consolidate change status reports.
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- College diploma or University degree in Business or Information Systems or equivalent.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- ITIL Foundations.
- 2+ years experience working within IT in an oil and gas domain.
Additional Position Details:
The successful candidate will be collaborative, open minded and realistic They will be excellent negotiators with strong interpersonal skills who adapt easily to change.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.