Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct Pre-shift huddle to identify and correct issues with employees
- Complete safety audits and inspections as required
- Conduct training and monthly toolbox talks
- Complete incident investigations, define root cause and execute corrective actions
- Ensure all work areas are clean, safe and organized
- Develop and recommend improvements to safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being adhered to by production staff
- Ensure all product meets specifications
- Conduct training to work instructions
- Create work instructions as necessary
- Participate in problem solving to determine root cause and execute corrective actions of quality issues
- Assign and move production staff as necessary
- Ensure all production targets are being met throughout a shift, analyze and correct deficiencies immediately
- Analyze and corrects issues regarding production schedules
- Complete reporting in a timely manner
- Participate and lead improvement activities and lean initiatives
Work Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the motivation to take the initiative and do what needs to be done.
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving and process improvement skills.
- Experience in performance management, people issues and related documentation.
- Supportive and capable of leading change efforts and implementing continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the application of LEAN principles a plus.
- Glass manufacturing experience an asset
- Bachelor’s degree/College Diploma or equivalent experience with 7+ years of supervisory experience in a fast paced, continuous process production environment