Our Oil & Gas client is seeking a Project Accountant in St. John’s, NFLD. This is a 1 year contract with the possibility of extension, as it is in support of a project that is expected to last approximately 4-5 years.
- Administering and promoting sound control policies and practices; developing project work breakdown structure to allow proper cost collection, reporting and invoicing against the approved AFE.
- Preparing and maintaining project budgets, long range plans, forecasts, cost reports on project expenditures, invoice summaries and payment schedules, cash forecasts, and preparing appropriate variance analysis on these items as required.
- A/P Management: Tracking and reporting on contract/project payment progress and invoice/commercial issues.
- Preparing monthly accruals for the project and journal entry adjustments as required.
Must Have Skills/ Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Commerce or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in broad accounting roles.
- Professional Accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA) required.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft suite products.
- Strong presentation and management reporting capabilities.
Nice to Have Skills/ Qualifications:
- Knowledge of SAP R3 (FI/CO/MM) and related modules or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
- Experience with Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation (EPCI) contracts.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.