Our Energy client is seeking a Project Coordinator in Calgary for a short contract with a good chance of extension. This person must have excellent stakeholder management and superior communication skills.
- Support the Project Managers to prepare project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget in Workfront.
- Monitor and track project’s progress and escalate any issues to the Project Managers for attention.
- Use Project Management tools (Workfront) to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spend.
- Create and maintain project documentation through Workfront status updates/reports.
- Update Jira tasks and sub tasks.
- Minutes for projects team.
Skills – REQUIRED:
- The resource will have experience in coordination of project activities.
- The resource will have experience coordinating projects following both an Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- The resource will have excellent communication and reporting skills.
- The resource will report to Technical Delivery Managers (Technical Project Managers) on project specific duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Good understanding of Project Management process and lifecycle.
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- 3-5 years supporting projects in a project coordinator capacity.
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
- Comfortable to take on Project Manager role on smaller initiatives.
Experience with Agile;
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean).
- Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables.
- Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming.
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team.
- Managing expectations.
- Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings.
Skills/ Education Required;
- Diploma or Degree required.
- Project Management Education.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.