Have you ever wanted to work for a company that is on the front lines of deploying technological talent to those who make the products that we rely on to make life more enjoyable?
Well here we are, meet the Ian Martin Group, building authentic connections through meaningful work.
Here at the Ian Martin Group we work with some of the most technologically advanced organizations on the planet. Our goal is to connect skilled technical talent to a world of opportunity that has an impact on the lives of others.
We are currently hiring for a Project Manager in Dimondale, MI for a 12-month contract assignment.
This position is for a senior experienced project manager to lead project related to IT Audits, Audit Monitoring, Governance and Compliance. Along with this, Project Manager will manage other Information Technology (IT) programs/projects supporting DTMB – Chief Technology Officer (CTO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to IT Infrastructure and Security as prioritized by State. Project manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope.
- Define project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
- Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
- Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
- Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Changepoint) on all projects.
- Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally, work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Security initiatives.
- Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.
- 10 years’ experience – Strong leadership and communication skills
- 7 years’ experience – SOM SUITE or equivalent Project Management Methodology based on PMI or SEI (CMMI) experience
- 7 years’ experience – Strong Project Management skills to manage and oversee a large, long range and/or multiple IT Infrastructure complex project
- 7 years’ experience – Strong skills in project scheduling and portfolio management tool such as MS Project, Changepoint, etc.
- 5 years’ experience – ITIL knowledge, Certification
- 3 years’ experience – Project Management experience with IT Audits, Audit Monitoring, Governance and Compliance (OAG, PCI, IRS Audits, ITIL, COBIT experience, etc.)
- 7 years’ experience – PMI PMP Certification
- 5 years’ experience – Program management skills managing multiple complex IT infrastructure Programs
- 3 years’ experience – COBIT experience
- 2 years’ experience – Agile experience
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.