Our large energy client is currently seeking a Project Manager in Calgary. The Project Manager/Technical Delivery Manager (TDM) will be a part of Information Services and will manage all aspects and phases of our client’s two projects. The Project Manager will act as the single point of contact for the projects, controlling the planning and executing of project activities and resources to ensure our client’s established scope, budget, time and quality goals are met.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update project plans comprised of appropriate levels of analysis to identify all the products, and activities to deliver them. Plans should also identify project budgets, broken down into the levels required to manage the budgets effectively using earned value techniques.
- Manage and monitor the Project Plans to ensure successful completion of the planned activities are delivered on schedule.
- Develop and maintain a risk management plan and risk log.
- Assign, manage and track actions to members of the team.
- Monitor and manage the budgets to ensure projects stay within budget.
- Create appropriate progress reports and distribute them on the agreed timeframes.
- Present to ISB management status reports from conception to delivery of projects as when needed.
- Pro-actively manages risks, issues, changes and quality, including escalation to ISB management team when delivery dates are in question.
- Communicate with business partners to ensure smooth delivery of tasks.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the project to ensure requirements are being met and business value is an outcome of the project.
Skills – REQUIRED:
- Strong relationship and communications skills to facilitate and work with stakeholders throughout the project.
- Experience in leading IT infrastructure voice projects with a background in Skype.
- Strong Project Management and leadership skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Able to take an adaptive and agile approach to working with project sponsor and stake holders to ensure project is providing maximum value aligned to business outcomes.
- Strong ability to multitask.
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
• Proficient problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with the Regulator and or Oil and Gas industry in Alberta.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.