Our Client, who operates in the healthcare space, is seeking one Project Manager for a 9 month contract in Owen Sound, ON. Reporting to the Vice President Information Management & Technology, the Project Manager will provide overall project management leadership and support to our Client’s Project Management Office (PMO) with a strong focus on leading, managing and controlling project and change management activities. The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of the project ensuring consistency with the Client’s strategy and goals. The Project Manager will be accountable for executing PMO governance, best practices and standards to ensure consistency and quality in the delivery of the project. The Project Manager has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing all aspects of the project plan.
Qualifications / Skills / Abilities:
- Undergraduate Degree in Information Systems, Business or Hospital Administration
- Minimum 5 years of proven project management experience, preferably involving medium to large-sized enterprise level IT systems implementations
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a healthcare environment with a leadership role in the implementation of information systems
- Knowledge of basic hospital information systems is required
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and to make clear decisions in the best interests of the Client
- Ability to positively influence others and work successfully with a broad range of stakeholders to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be an effective leader capable of motivating teams and guiding them through impediments and/or conflict
- Ability to think critically and logically to evaluate situations
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions within parameters of job description and standards
- Ability to rationalize design decisions in a clear and objective manner
- Proficient in setting priorities, developing work schedules, monitoring progress towards goals and tracking details/data/information/activities
- Solid understanding of information technology concepts and processes
- Experience preparing, monitoring, analyzing and evaluating project costs
- Ability to be flexible in hours worked including some work after hours and on weekends
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access, SharePoint and related project management tools
- Previous computer application design, build and implementation experience
- Availability to travel
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.