Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you looking for a challenging role with a successful, and growing automotive manufacturer?
Do you have a keen eye for detail, a knack for customer service, and a passion for problem solving?
We’re an automotive parts manufacturer who strives for perfection in everything we do: whether we’re providing the very best in parts to a range of clients, or providing a safe and positive workplace for our employees, dedication, commitment, and consistency are the hallmarks of our ongoing success.
We’re looking to add a new Quality Assurance Specialist to our team, and if you have what it takes to succeed in a position with a big impact, then we want to hear from you.
Quality Assurance Specialist
In this role you will be the key contact for customers in contact with the Quality Assurance team, and take charge in communicating with production staff to implement modifications and fix problems.
Using a strong knowledge of APQP principles, you will be a major part of the QA process from early on. Working with other members on your team, you will create process documentation for product lines, and ensure quality issues are raised and resolved before they cause setbacks and delays.
Some of your work will also involve evaluating and correcting problems that involve materials, so you’ll need to be capable of identifying, quarantining and processing such problems when they happen.
Finally, a major part of this role involves customer service, so you’ll need to be responsive to internal and external issues, and devise solutions using systematic problem-solving skills for different production lines.
Aside from your QA manufacturing experience, we’ll be looking for someone who is:
- Motivated – you take on every task with a sense of urgency, and can be depended on to finish critical tasks on time.
- Attentive to Detail – nothing gets past you: you take time to understand what the problem is, and are careful and methodical when solving it.
- Results Oriented – you are great with details, but always keep the end goal in mind: you’re not satisfied until management and/or customers are.
- Organized – you use every available resource, and anticipate problems before they impact production. You can easily keep track of multiple projects at once.
Working With Us
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday. We offer a competitive salary that will be commensurate with your skills and experience.
We are committed to getting better every day, and work to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develops leaders, and rewards results.
Our employees have many reasons why they love working for us, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and we work hard to foster a group that is motivated to get the job done, together.
- Experience working in quality assurance for a high volume automotive manufacturer, preferably working with powdered metals
- Familiarity with quality systems requirements as an automotive OEM supplier
- Experience with control plans, PFMEA (process failure mode effects analysis), APQP, PPAP, FMEA, and especially TS 16949
- Powder Metallurgy Technologist (PMT) Certification Level 1, or demonstrable work towards certification, is strongly preferred
- Post-secondary education in a technical field or equivalent education
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Certification is an asset.
How to Apply
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.