Do you want to work for one of the leading carriers utilizing the most advanced technology to deliver world-class transportation services throughout North America? Our client offers a wide range of creative transportation solutions; specializing in chemicals, petroleum, dry bulk, flatbed, and consumer goods.
They are acivtiely seeking a Regional Manager of Chemical Sales and Brokerage based in Ontario, Canada (This position could also be located Montreal, QC or Saint John, NB).
The Regional Manager of Chemical Sales and Brokerage will be responsible for driving all sales functions and operations while developing marketing programs to increase revenue and profits. This individual is responsible for achieving quarterly/annual sales goals, developing distribution channels, building strategic business relationships, formulating innovative business development strategies and providing vision for all sales strategies and their execution. Being well networked with customers requiring services of bulk transporters and with small to medium size transporters serving the bulk chemical customers is essential. The Manager is also responsible for containing the costs of selling in order to achieve predetermined profit yields while staying within marketing development budgets.
- Ensure sales revenue and gross margin targets are achieved
- Devise and deploy all sales goals and objectives across the organization, including the preparation of sales quotas and budgets
- Conduct regular analysis on pricing effectiveness and recurring trends; create actionable item lists based on findings
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the marketing budget
- Execute long term and short term sales strategy to accelerate business growth
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Explore new markets that align with the company growth strategy
- Explore adjacent markets, services and products and development of these into revenue growth
- Assess operational issues in regards to competitiveness
- Stay up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments
- Source and quote on contracts
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Undergraduate degree
- Working experience in the transportation industry is required
- 3 years minimum in the business of bulk chemical brokerage sales and operations are required
- Fluency in regulatory and safety standards related to the transportation of bulk chemicals
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team orientated environment
- Proven growth leader
- Bilingualism would be an asset