JOB DESCRIPTION :
Title : DB2 UDB Database Administrator
Location : Downtown, Toronto, ON
Duration : 5 months (possible to extend for 19 months)
Knowledge & Skills
6+ years’ solid experience supporting DB2/UDB (V9.7 up) on the AIX platforms
6+ years’ solid experience supporting Oracle on UNIX/LINUX (11g up) platforms
6+ years’ database construction and the ongoing support and administration of databases for large applications
6 + years’ solid experience with UNIX Operating system and UNIX shell scripting
Proven ability to perform database change management, performance tuning, and problem solving
6+ years experience in writing and debuging complex SQL scripts
6+ years experience in installing new DBMS versions and applying maintenance fixes supplied by the DBMS vendor
Strong troubleshooting capability
• Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and SMEs.
• Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills
• Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges.
• Good team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast paced project team with good listening skills
1. Work with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the design, build and delivery of technology-enabled application database, products and high quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards. This includes:
• Provide details to business/technical issues and ensure that design specifications meet architecture and requirements specifications and that development schedules are also met;
• Provide resolutions that have potential business/process automation impact and organization/financial impact;
• Provide high quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members.
2. Interact with the technical teams by:
• Provide feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs.
• Integrate system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between WSIB and service providers;
• Perform system installations, DB2 Upgrades, and software testing;
• Translate logical data model to physical data model
• Consruct efficient databases
• Conduct technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
• Function in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and communicating options for resolution of software issues.
3. Collaborate with project or support teams by:
• Define data models and processing models based on the business requirements in order to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution.
• Participate in defects meetings;
• Support all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components.
• Provide timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager.
4. Follow the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is one of North America's leading consulting and project recruitment firms. As a Certified B Corporation (www.bcorporation.net/ianmartingroup) our company meets comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, the community, and the environment. Our guiding statement is: "building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin family includes IME, IMT and IMIT – experts in engineering, telecom and information technology respectively.