Our client, a leader in security access, is seeking an awesome Ruby on Rails Developer to help their team in building the next generation of intuitive and beautiful applications.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, and are excited to make a significant personal impact to a great team of people doing great work, we want to hear from you.
As the new Ruby on Rails Developer, you will join their growing team in West Toronto, where your commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and quality product is essential.
In this role, you will work with the development team to help build out a robust, reliable and scalable Identity Management application, as well as spec, build, test and deploy new features. You will be one of the key players in designing and implementing our software/architecture decisions, as well a prime contributor to our product roadmap.
You’ll also be responsible for executing quality assurance procedures to minimize production errors, and for working with cross functional teams to document best practices. The primary focus area will be using Ruby on Rails but there will be projects requiring FE skills as well.
Our client doesn’t just want code crunching desk jockeys though. Instead, you will have the opportunity to be a creative thinker, and run with projects using the latest cutting edge technology with little to no supervision.
Other specific duties will include:
- Work within team to develop industry leading cloud application using a traditional Rails Development framework
- Work with business leaders to translate business requirements into technical deliverables
- Develop a feature roadmap, employing your extensive Ruby B/E skill-set
- Participate in developing a high quality test drive development approach
- Participate in automated testing suite necessary to deliver high-quality product to our customers
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years development experience using Ruby-on-Rails
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with PostgresSQL, MSSQL
- Experience designing web sites or applications
Nice to Haves
- Experience in growing start-up environments
- Experience working on a distributed team
The Work Environment
This is a full-time, permanent position, where you can build a career and a life. Success and growth are there for the taking.
The company we represent is growing, and expanding rapidly, so you will have the ability to make a big impact. They are a close knit team, and like to bring fun into the workplace.
The office is located in West Toronto, and is a bright, spacious open concept design, with a beer keg in the break/lunch room