Safety & Loss Prevention Administrative Assistant
Our Oil & Gas client is seeking an Administrative Assistant in Calgary. The Administrative Assistant acts as the Business Administrator for our client’s Exploration & Production Services (E&PS) Safety department and Regulatory Affairs. This role is responsible for supporting both managers and the teams to fulfill their day to day responsibilities. The business unit is seeking a strong and highly motivated administrator who is a friendly team player, has a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor.
- Provide Administrative support to Managers.
- Coordinate Manager and Safety team meetings, events, travel, catering, supply orders, office moves, organizational chart updates, on-boarding for new hires and manage employee IT requests and expense reports.
- Management and Monitoring of E&PS Safety inbox.
- Assist with business and management driven initiatives and special projects.
- Generate/develop documents, reports, graphs, presentations, meeting minutes
- Maintain document management for safety and consolidate monthly management reports, Administrator for team SharePoint site.
- Office Safety program floor admin.
- Build strong relationships with other admins, business units across the organization and external stakeholders as applicable.
Must have Skills/ Qualifications:
- A minimum 3 years' experience in an administrative role.
- Intermediate or higher MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Outlook).
- Must recognize the importance of displaying tact and good judgement when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sense of team work.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- High level of customer service.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, take a high degree of initiative and be self-motivated.
Nice to have Skills/ Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education within administration (ie, Degree, Diploma or Certificate).
- Minimum 3 years Oil and Gas industry administrative experience or other related experience.
- Experience using SAP or similar tracking system.
- Experience in SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of Incident Data Management systems, SAP and Peloton suite of programs.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.