Our client, one of Canada's fastest growing financial services companies is looking for well-rounded IT Security Analyst. The incumbent to this role will work as a part of a lean but dynamic team and provide creative input in IT Security as well such as networking.
This position will be responsible for monitoring and supporting security measures to protect our clients computer systems, networks and data. Additional responsibilities include maintaining monthly security reports, running monthly vulnerability scans and keeping up-to-date on the latest cybersecurity intelligence and hacker methodologies.
- Monitor computer networks and systems for security issues.
- Identify and investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Implement and modify rules pertaining to DLP, FWs, IPS, Endpoint Security and SIEM.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention as required.
- Design, test and implement new security tools and technologies.
- Train or assist staff on network and information security procedures/processes.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects, as required.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a security analyst role.
- Hands on experience working with SIEM, DLP, NGFWs, Web Application FWs, Endpoint Security and Vulnerability Scanning,
- Good knowledge in configuring and supporting security tools and technologies.
- Previous work experience with the following products would be advantageous: Splunk, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint DLP, Cisco Firepower NGFW, Cisco Firepower Management Center, Nessus.
- Good understanding of protocols or services like DNS, VPN, SSL, TLS, TCP, UDP, ICMP.
- Industry credentials such as CISSP, GIAC or other IT Security related certification.
- Ability to understand and interpret security log events from various systems including Linux, Windows, Cisco devices, DLP, NGFWs, Web Application FWs and Endpoint Security.
- Create, modify, and update Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Create, modify, and update Data Loss Prevention System (DLP)
- Create, modify, and update Security Information Event Management (SIEM) Tool
- Detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and interact effectively with technical professionals as well as users and others who are non-technical experts.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to follow problems through to resolution.
- Initiative and creativity to develop new approaches or solutions.
- Ability to work independently and take accountability for the quality of work.
- Equally able to work effectively and collaboratively as a team member, sharing information and ideas in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively, multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability and commitment to acquire new skills and improve knowledge and competencies.