Senior Application Developer
Our highly respected client is seeking a Senior Application Developer for a three-year contract in Edmonton, with the possibility of extension.
- Participate in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation and maintenance of applications for our client as required.
- Participate in analysis of client requirements and assist in producing application technical specifications as required.
- Assist in the development of a production control support process for the application as required.
- Follow all client architectural, and security standards, policies and guidelines when building applications.
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing, and performance testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues in any environment.
- Create or update existing application support documentation for assigned applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment.
- Assist in managing and maintaining development and system test environments required to maintain the application.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of all client recommended application architecture development standards and guidelines.
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Mandatory Skills/ Qualifications;
- University Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Business, Management, or a related discipline.
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in configuring the information Technology Service Management application (BMC ITSM v8 or v9).
- Experience in the design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale, multi-tiered enterprise systems/applications within a large/ complex environment.
- Experience with designing and implementing high performance and scalable Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) solutions (e.g. SQL, Oracle).
- Experience with implementing and maintaining systems integrations using web services.
- Demonstrated experience with object oriented design, programming and implementation using C# within a large and complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining technical documentation
Nice to Have Skills/ Qualifications;
- Experience with analytical, problem solving and decision-making, including dealing with situations where information is difficult to obtain, complex or ambiguous.
- Experience in configuring RightAnswers – knowledge management software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL and CobiT.
- Experience developing custom reports for applications using technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Crystal
- Experience working in or for the public sector.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.