Have you ever wanted to work for a company that is on the front lines of deploying technological talent to those who make the products that we rely on to make life more enjoyable?
Well here we are, meet the Ian Martin Group, building authentic connections through meaningful work.
Here at the Ian Martin Group we work with some of the most technologically advanced organizations on the planet.
Our goal is to connect skilled technical talent to a world of opportunity that has an impact on the lives of others.
We have an immediate need for your kind of talent.
One of our IT Clients is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for 12+ months (Contract) in Burnaby, BC
We are currently seeking a Sr. Business Analyst who will have at least 10 years’ solid experience working on large enterprise IT projects in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in related discipline (BSc, MBA, etc.)
- A minimum of 10 years' direct, accumulated experience in the role of IT Business Analyst.
- Manage stakeholders at all levels; facilitate collaboration and agreement of needs and objectives. 5 years of experience
- Demonstrate business acumen, including ability to analyze and communicate strategic requirements, and develop action plans for senior stakeholders. 5 years of experience
- Develop or participate in development of business cases for senior stakeholder review and sign-off. 4 years of experience
- Prepare and elicit business requirements with large groups of business stakeholders and users, using interviews, workshops, and site visits. 8 years of experience
- Decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user suggestions from the underlying true needs. 10 years of experience
- Elicit functional and non-functional requirements with support of technical specialists. 10 years of experience
- Elicit current state processes, create diagrammed models, workflows and task step descriptions. 10 years of experience
- Design future state business processes, based on business requirements with business and technical team input; prepare and present to stakeholders in iterative reviews. 10 years of experience
- Decompose process workflows into use cases with functional definitions, logical data models and system requirements. 5 years of experience
- Estimate and lead QA testing efforts, ensuring test cases appropriately map to approved functional requirements. 5 years of experience
- Plan, estimate and manage project roll-out and implementation activities, including organizational change management and communications; and, estimate and plan post-project support and sustainment processes. 5 years of experience
- Plan and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for medium to large IT projects. 5 years of experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring colleagues. 4 years of experience
- Experience with MS Visio, Excel and Powerpoint. 8 years of experience
- Use of Business Analysis methods, principles, practices and techniques in an IT project team environment. 10 years of experience
- Electrical Utilities knowledge 2 years of experience
- Project management experience 4 years of experience
- Business analysis training or accreditation with recognized organization 2 years of experience
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role