Have you ever wanted to work for a company that is on the front lines of deploying technological talent to those who make the products that we rely on to make life more enjoyable?
Well here we are, meet the Ian Martin Group, building authentic connections through meaningful work.
Here at the Ian Martin Group we work with some of the most technologically advanced organizations on the planet.
Our goal is to connect skilled technical talent to a world of opportunity that has an impact on the lives of others.
We have an immediate need for your kind of talent.
One of our IT clients is looking for an Senior Project Manager for 12-month contract in Edmonton, AB.
We are looking for a senior resource with extensive Project Management experience and a proven record of successful project management engagements. Our Project Managers are typically responsible for managing either very large IT projects or a number of smaller IT projects concurrently. The successful candidate will be leveraged on projects as required.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for applying proper project management methodology and processes (PMBOK) to ensure the successful completion of project goals within identified schedule and budget constraints. These projects would be related to Application Services (ie Application development, transformation and transition of application services, application modernization)
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Valid Project Management Professional (PMP) or able to complete within 6 months of hire date
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a practicing Senior Project Manager across a variety of project and government sectors
- Previous experience that includes at least one (1) significant multi-million-dollar project that may have contained multiple concurrent and interrelated projects. Budget details and success factors must be stated
- Previous experience managing teams of at least ten (10) individuals comprised of employees and contracted resources
- Project Manager must be on site in Edmonton
- Proven record of achievement as a Project Manager demonstrating experience in successfully delivering project including working in a multiple project environment with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Proven record of achievement as a Project Manager demonstrating experience in successfully managing: team resources, systems development, estimating effort and costs, and planning and scheduling project activities
- Previous experience as a Project Manager on at least one (1) application development project involving more than ten (10) development team members
- Previous experience communicating complex and highly technical concepts to technical and non-technical people (both written and oral) with various levels within an organization
- Previous experience organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder workshops, meetings and presentations
- Previous experience leading projects that involved implementing major changes to business systems and processes
- Demonstrated ability to prepare or oversee the development of project documents (e.g. status/progress reports, detailed budget, resource estimates, project plans and proposals, strategies, project close-out documentation including transition to operations and “lessons learned”)
- Demonstrable experience recognizing and resolving issues early and thoroughly
- Demonstrable experience conducting presentations, effectively leading meetings and facilitating workgroups with diverse business interests to reach consensus
- Demonstrable experience communicating technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people and encourage collaborative teamwork in an environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience as a Delivery Manager would be an asset
- Experience Managing a conversion Project
- Experience on either a Mainframe project or a Legacy Modernization Project
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.