Our highly respected client is currently seeking an experienced Software Tester in beautiful Victoria, BC. The Software Tester will help to support the testing of our client’s custom developed applications, as well as be responsible for reviewing requirements documentation and technical specifications, developing and executing Test cases and will work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure successful releases into Production.
Responsibilities include; (but are not limited to):
- Represent the test team during project team meetings.
- Continuous collaboration with all members of the project team.
- Identify and analyze technological impacts of proposed changes.
- Contribute to risk assessments by evaluating the risk associated with application changes, applying risk factors and recommending appropriate test approaches.
- Extract appropriate data from the application databases by designing and developing DB queries for selecting representative test data.
- Develop, execute and maintain test cases and scenarios, based on requirements documents and technical specifications.
- Participate in Test Case reviews with Senior Software Tester and peers.
- Ensure traceability from requirements to Test cases.
- Responsible for estimating the testing effort of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Setting up test data in test environments.
- Document & evaluate test results against expected results, identify and document discrepancies and review with the senior staff, analysts and developers.
- Defect tracking.
- Ensuring that quality assurance methods and standards are maintained for the applications.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of manual tests, including regression test cases.
- Collaboration with the developers in test on the content of the automation test suite
- Supporting the business implementation team with the preparation of test cases for acceptance testing, as requested by business representatives.
- Review test results with business implementation team to obtain sign off on the testing phase.
- Adheres to the test processes that are in place.
- Execute automated tests as required.
Must Have Skills/ Qualifications;
- Software testing.
- Developing and executing test cases and documenting test results.
- Interpreting functional and technical specifications.
- Issue Logging.
- Software testing methodologies.
- Software Development Life Cycle.
- Creating & executing SQL queries in an Oracle DB.
Nice to have Skills/ Qualifications;
- Test case Management tools.
- Defect tracking tools.
- Atlassian suite of tools. (Confluence, Jira).
- Test Automation Tools (Test Complete).
- The pension industry and pension plans.
- Pension Corporation business functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internet-based services, networking and Web technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both Linux and Windows environments.
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.