On behalf of our client, a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry, we are looking for an CNC programming "guru" – a real master who can program for complex parts and enjoys a challenge creating precision components.
- Write programs for a variety of machine tool configurations including 5 axis and 3 + 2 axis milling machines creating comprehensive tool path controls for our requirements.
- Develop detailed work instructions including CAD drawings, Inspection Test Procedures (ITPs), and Material Control Sheets to lead the process to manufacture and assemble these complex precision-machined components
- Design component jigs, fixtures and test rigs;
- Interface with Programmers and Quality Control Engineers to ensure that all manufacturing processes are proven prior to the start of production;
- Participate in various studies to highlight the waste (inefficiency, rework, improper tool setup) and develop solutions before implementing.
- Develop and Launch the Process / Engineering Change request process.
- Review project budgets and provide cost and timing estimates to project managers;
- Demonstrated mastery of Edgecam, Mastercam, SolidCam or similar programming for 5 and 2+3 axis machines
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar programming role
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME Code, ISO 9001, CSA N285.0 and Z299 quality programs
- Experience with manufacturing precision-machined components and related processes including heat treatment, plating, assembly and testing activities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong communication and problem solving skills to work within a team-based environment.
- Preference for experience in nuclear, aerospace or defence manufacturing industries