On behalf of our client, a leader in the oil & gas industry, we are looking for a senior hydraulics engineer. This position is directly accountable for providing direction and technical hydraulics engineering expertise for pipeline and pipeline facility operations, including optimization and troubleshooting.
· Point of contact on feasibility studies for department Subject Matter Experts.
· Development of the hydraulic design basis at the front end of projects.
· Create technical and related documentation
· participate in the development of transient & steady-state hydraulic analysis.
· participate in development project scope, budget and timeline development. Determine risks
· Actively participate in engineering activities to support Project Execution teams in order to ensure that project requirements are met.
· Guide project teams to ensure competitive designs and operational reliability.
· Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives with respect to design and processes.
· Provide regular formal and informal program management reporting to Supervisor.
· Assist in developing and implementing department operating plans and objectives.
· Provides leadership and people skills in mentoring less experienced engineers.
· A Professional Engineer with 7+ years’ experience in oil and gas engineering, operations and/ or development engineering
· Experience in hydraulic modelling, design, project execution, or operations of a pipeline systems
· Excellent leadership, project management, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills. Professional designation and/or extensive experience and knowledge of AACE and PMI best practices in estimating and project
management, is desirable.
· Proven communicator in diverse and complex team environments.
· Masters in Engineering would be an asset (Chemical/Process, Mechanical, Materials, Petroleum or Electrical Engineering)
· Must be registered or qualify to register as a P.Eng. in the Province of Alberta.
· Working knowledge of liquid pipeline and facility operations.
· Hands-on experience with assessment methodologies such as PHA, HAZOP, or LOPA.
· Detailed knowledge of relevant codes, regulations, and standards such as CSA Z662, API 520, ASME B31,3, SOR/99-294, CFR Title 49g Part 195.
· Effective two-way communication capability including excellent oral and written skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with peers, internal stakeholders, upper level management, vendors, and service providers.
· Ability to travel within Canada and United States.