Have you ever wanted to work for a company that is on the front lines of deploying technological talent to those who make the products that we rely on to make life more enjoyable?
Well here we are, meet the Ian Martin Group, building authentic connections through meaningful work.
Here at the Ian Martin Group we work with some of the most technologically advanced organizations on the planet.
Our goal is to connect skilled technical talent to a world of opportunity that has an impact on the lives of others.
We have an immediate need for your kind of talent.
One of our Clients is looking for Monitoring and Job Scheduling Consultant for 12+ months’ contract in Cambridge, MA 02138
Job Description & Requirements:
- Technical Analyst III, 6-10 years’ experience.
- Leading the team Onsite-offshore team members monitoring critical Application Alerts.
- Monitor all Rundeck queues to ensure there are no processing delays including, request queue, ready queue and active queue.
- Late queue entries require immediate attention in Batch Monitoring and Job Scheduling.
- Support to provide operational batch support, successfully maintain day to day operations and document activities accordingly on a 24/7 basis.
- Lead the team to migrate job schedules from Maestro to Rundeck.
- Lead the team to setup monitoring jobs in Nagios.
- Assist with testing and validating job migration o Co-ordinate with various teams for issues, for supporting the job scheduling migrations (post migration/transition phase as well) and further for new job schedules setup, ensuring the relevant Apps dependencies are covered.
- Escalate Rundeck related issues to tools support team, contact application/server on-call person / create ticket for job failures.
- Timely resolution / escalation of job failures (abends) that helps in timely batch cycle completion. Handle Ad-hoc request for job execution.
- Proposes and implements solutions to improve processes related to the environment and batch scheduling.
- Follow the documentation for the jobs failed and action to be taken accordingly.
- Schedule jobs based on request from support / Application teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Build relationships with customer teams, application owners and resources
- Experience with job scheduling tools Rundeck and IBM Workload Scheduler (IWSd – also known as Maestro).
- Experience of migrating job schedules from one tool to another (e.g Maestro to Rundeck) or any other combination.
- Experience of Installing Rundeck software on RHEL, (software installation and upgrades)
- Experience of server and application monitoring tools (Nagios)
- Good knowledge in LINUX / Solaris / Windows Operating Systems, should be able to identify the system and triage the requests
- Experience with Oracle Database query tools, including the ability to write simple health check SQL queries
- Experience with AWS will be nice to have Must be able to work effectively in Onsite-offshore team structure
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.