Our client is currently seeking a motivated Technical Writer to work on procurement requests. The chosen candidate must have at least an enhanced reliability clearance.
Skills and Qualifications:
Technical Writing: MUST have a minimum of 10 cumulative years of experience as Technical Writer working on procurement requests.
Experience Defining Requirements for Complex RFPs – MUST have at least two distinct projects completed within the last 10 years for which the specified project authority can validate that the proposed resource performed at least three of the following tasks:
- Drafting or reviewing SOWs and making recommendations or improvements for a High Complexity requirement for the Federal Government RFPs or requiring compliance with the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and World Trade Organization – Agreement on Government Procurement (WTOAGP);
- Drafting or reviewing technical evaluation criteria and making recommendations or improvements for a High Complexity requirement;
- Developing a pricing table or basis of payment for a solutions- based contract;
- Developing a Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Standing Offer (RFSO) or Request for Supply Arrangement (RFSA); and
- Drafting recommendations in briefing note format to senior management.
Complex IT Procurement : Should have experience drafting technical requirements for complex IT Projects – provide project descriptions (maximum of 4) that clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has experience in criterion elements (i.-v.), as follows
- Drafting SOWs for High Complexity for Federal Government IT requirements
- Drafting mandatory and point- rated technical evaluation
- Reading and interpreting computer engineering documentation including processers, technical specifications and functional specifications to assist in drafting documentation for a High Complexity IT requirement
- Drafting documentation in consideration of and compliant with Federal Government procurement and contracting policies and directives
- Drafting a SOW or technical evaluation criterial for legal counsel validation
- Drafting POC requirements relating to High Complexity project
ERP Experience: Should have experience drafting functional requirements for an ERP solution
Must have experience providing project descriptions (maximum of 3) that clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has experience in criterion elements (i.-ii.), as follows:
- Developing or reviewing business requirement definition documents for an ERP
- Interpreting gap analyses between current-state (as-is) and future-state (to-be) business and technical requirements to define a technical IT solution
Working Group Experience – should have experience working within a working group that includes representatives from IT, legal services and human resources branches. – provide project descriptions (maximum of 3) that clearly demonstrate that the proposed resource has experience in criterion elements (i.-iii.), as follows:
- Meeting with stakeholders individually and/or in groups to define business and technical priorities and requirements
- Obtaining consensus from stakeholders on business and technical priorities and requirements
- Making recommendations to a project lead to facilitate stakeholder buy-in
Election-Project: should have experience working on a project for an electoral management body at the federal, territorial, provincial or municipal level
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.