Our client is currently seeking a motivated individual with experience documenting IT program level documents. The resource must have in-depth technical writing experience using specific commercial off the shelf (COTS) solutions (e.g. MS word) in a Government of Canada setting.
The Senior Technical Writing resource must possess a wealth of experience serving multiple clients facing problems, and will use proven methodologies; soft-skills and best practices to successfully write and maintain program level documents. The Senior Technical Writer will be responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the ITM program.
The chosen candidate must have at least a valid Secret Clearance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience as a Senior Technical Writer and must have been acquired in an IT environment within the Government of Canada projects.
- Minimum of four (4) years professional work experience writing program level documentation such as:
- Program Plans documents
- Benefits Realization documents
- Other related program level documentation
- Should have demonstrated experience in transformation projects leading the writing of program level documents.
- Writing program plans
- Writing program business cases
- Writing program benefits realization document
- Writing program resourcing strategy and plan documents
- Should have demonstrated experience in transformation projects providing guidance, recommendation and support in regards to high level document management structure and processes for:
- Design and implement a process for program level document management
- Propose documentation storage structure for shared drives;
- Propose documentation publishing structures for websites and/or intranets and/or wikis
- Should have demonstrated experience in transformation projects documenting business processes performing the following tasks:
- Create and maintain process documents
- Create and maintain roles and responsibilities documents
- Should have demonstrated experience in transformation projects leading the documentation of business process diagrams using process modeling tools such as:
- MS Visio
- Other modeling tools
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.