Contractors, do you want to work at a global powerhouse?
The Ian Martin Group is only as strong as the workforce in the field. We have a distinctly different approach to our contractor engagement and have a team of specialists to ensure success on your assignment.
Our role is to provide top level technical talent to some of the planets strongest companies in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and technology industries. This is where you come in.
We have an immediate opening for an VB.Net Developer for a 6 month assignment in New York, NY
If you have the following skills, connect with us.
Job Description & Requirements:
- .Net Developer III, 6-10 years of experience responsible for the system analysis, detail design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the in-house applications.
- strong coding/unit testing skill,
- Excellent communication skills and a user-service orientation, familiarity with the team decision-making process and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Financial Industry experience is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience programming in VB.Net WinForms applications and SQL Server.
- Proven experience writing system documentation (system design, detail design, test plans, test execution, implementation plans and implementation execution).
- Experience working through full SDLC cycle, from system requirements and design specifications through implementation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to create and manage unit test project is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot applications and identify root cause of defect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Domain knowledge of Financial/Banking Institution methodologies is a plus
Knowledge of tools:
- Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server management studio, Microsoft Office, SVN
- Programming language: VB.Net (.Net Framework)
- OS: Windows 7
- RDBMS: SQL Server
ABOUT THE IAN MARTIN GROUP
Founded by engineers to support the needs of technical organizations, the Ian Martin Group has been creating authentic connections around meaningful work since 1957. As North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm, we specialize in engineering and IT recruiting to help organizations of all sizes hire better. The Ian Martin Group is a certified B Corporation, which means we meet comprehensive standards that measure our impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
We will review applications as they are received, and we will contact candidates whose skills and experience best suit this role.