Our client is currently seeking a motivated individual to support the web team, and business line priorities with updating portions of the website with fresh content, including text, video, links, images, coding in HTML and implementing accessibility features to the website or adding these same to new sites that may be required to support the federal budget initiatives. The chosen candidate must have at least an Enhanced Reliability Clearance.
- Writing and publishing of HTML 5 code and CSS 3.0 that supports WCAG 2.0 AA
- Formatting images for web.
- Proofing and testing web pages
- Working within enterprise level CMS (CommonSpot)
- Interpreting industry standard Web analytics metrics and practically applying findings to increase the overall usability of a Web site
- Providing guidance and professional advice on Web and mobile content as well as translating their business objectives into tangible digital content and tools
- Creating and maintaining information architecture and content groups.
- Post-secondary education in the area of computer science, programming, multimedia design, or information systems with a minimum 4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience using Web site content management products (eg. Commonspot or a similar CMS).
- Demonstrated experience in editing and reformatting existing content for digital use (Web, mobile apps, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in managing and executing Web Content Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0 AA) and the practical application of these standards to overall Web content publishing and Web site management.
- Demonstrated professional experience in managing client relationships, providing guidance and professional advice on Web and mobile content as well as translating their business objectives into tangible digital content and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting industry standard Web analytics metrics and practically applying findings to increase the overall usability of a Web site.
Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining information architecture and content groups that serve content to effectively respond effectively to Web site users as well as meet business objectives and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in using search engine optimization best practices to ensure digital content is written for effective indexing in major internet search engines.
- Demonstrated project management experience in managing large, multi-lingual sites
- Demonstrated experience in designing and optimizing Web graphics and Web interfaces is an asset
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Code for code and image editing is an asset.
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Standards and their applicability to different types of Web content formats.
ABOUT IAN MARTIN GROUP:
Founded in 1957, the Ian Martin Group is North America’s most progressive recruitment and project-staffing firm. As a Certified B Corporation, the company meets comprehensive standards that measure its impact on employees, suppliers, community, and the environment.
Our guiding statement is: “building authentic connections around meaningful work."
The Ian Martin Group specializes in technical recruitment in Engineering, Telecom and IT. We also offer an affordable shortlisting staffing service that allows clients an opportunity to do "empowered hiring."
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted.