Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Section Manager, Project Controls Assurance
Resume Due Date: May 5, 2017 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Project: Project Controls Assurance
Duration: 18 months
Location: Darlington, (DEC)
- Ensure appropriate project controls methodology are applied to every facet of the Darlington Refurbishment Program. Provide adhoc project controls support to project planning, work management, estimating, cost control, and scheduling services including Time on Tools audits, Quantity Surveys, verification of progress claimed by work groups, and Reporting Visualization Enhancements as required by the program. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position is accountable for the following:
- Ensure validation of progress measurement,
- Close evaluation of projects with early negative performance indicators to develop mitigating solutions to minimize implication on scheduler and cost.
- The successful candidate for this position should posses the ability to;
- Provide organization, coordination, and control services for multi-discipline functional work teams and contractors.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for projects and functional project work including resource planning.
- Provide estimating and cost control services for clients.
- Provide functional advice, guidance on project management and planning policies & procedures.
- Provide assistance to the various project regarding the project plan, work schedules, and budgets.
- Carry out adhoc project studies and prepare reports as requested by clients.
- Liaise with external organizations on project management and planning standards & methods which involves influencing them to adopt a course of action suitable for the organization.
- Requires a knowledge of engineering, economics, and science principles including physics, electricity, chemistry, mechanics, metallurgy, and mathematics. Requires a good knowledge of oral and written English to ensure effective communication skills. This knowledge is normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four-year university education in an appropriate field of engineering or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in project planning and execution, contract management, work management, estimating, scheduling, and cost control. Requires experience to become familiar with managing constantly changing priorities. Requires supervisory experience to effectively organize, lead and direct the work performed by staff.