Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Safe Storage Project and Engineering Support
Resume Due Date: May 12, 2017 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 4
Project: Safe Storage
Duration: 2 years
Location: Pickering, Ontario (Pickering Town Centre)
- All of the roles will perform project engineering and/or support project controls functions for the planning and initiation of the engineering modification of the safe storage of the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station.
- The MP6-equivalent individual shall be have a higher level of experience and qualifications and be able to provide technical expertise and guidance to the other staff, as further described in the Qualifications section below.
- Personnel selected for these roles may be assigned to work for either the Safe Storage project directly, or to the Safe Storage Engineering group which supports the project.
- Tasks may include:
- generating decommissioning planning "End State Determination Reports" which document how systems should be left while the plant is in a safe storage condition.
- modifications and design work, internally or overseeing the work of external design agencies
- project planning
- interfacing with station roles
- All personnel should have prior experience performing projects or nuclear engineering for OPG. Past experience performing projects or nuclear engineering for Bruce Power is an acceptable substitute.
- Personnel with experience in decommissioning projects and engineering, project management, and contractor oversight of construction activities within active nuclear sites is an asset.
- Requires knowledge of Engineering Change Control governance. Experience as a Design Team Leader or Modification Team Leader is an asset.
- Personnel should have OPG Design Engineering qualifications, or have held these qualifications in the recent past. Any discipline of engineering may be suitable.
- Personnel should be able to list past OPG modifications that they performed, and be able to provide references for OPG design staff that are familiar with their capabilities.
- A higher level of technical leadership required at OPG MP6 level. Experience in developing End-State Determination Reports for decommissioning planning is an asset for this role, in addition to experience with OPG modifications. As an augmented staff role, this person will not provide supervision, but will often provide guidance to assist other staff in achieving high work quality. This individual should be able to provide OPG references that can attest to their ability to perform at this higher technical leadership level.
- All personnel should have a P.Eng., or show their ability to acquire it within a few months of being engaged.
- In addition, one of the selected personnel may be selected on the basis of extensive experience in using P6 planning software in support of complex projects or OPG outages.