Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Mechanical Design Engineer / MTL / Fire Protection SME
Resume Due Date: July 21st (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Project: Projects & Modifications Support – Restore ESW & FW Margins, and EPG 1 & 2 Replacement
Duration: 2 years
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
- Provide design oversight of Design Agency activities: review & accept engineering documentation, including engineering specifications, procedures, training manuals, operations manuals, and drawings.
- Fire Protection Code SME, Mechanical Engineer and MTL for design oversight activities.
- Adhere to specific governance, processes and guidelines used to prepare/revise engineering and project documentation.
- Conduct field work to validate assumptions for ongoing assignments, and to provide technical support/oversight for execution activities.
- Challenge Design Agency deliverables to ensure adequate value, quality, and adherence to and interpretation of MDR.
- Interface with OPG/DNGD departments to drive approvals and clarifications (ie EPS bus, nuclear safety scope challenges), alternate compliance
- Assist in project planning, including preparation of BCS, Project Execution Plans, project estimating, Risk Register, EDM preparation, and other pertinent documents.
- Prepare/revise technical justifications, procedures, training and qualification plans.
- Interface with regulators and stakeholders on technical matters.
- I&C, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Fire Protection Disciplines as required.
- 4 year university degree in engineering, preferable with discipline of instrumentation and control, civil, or electrical engineering
- 10 or more years of field experience
- Nuclear experience required, ideally on the Darlington Refurbishment project
- Project Management or Project Coordination experience is considered an asset.
- One candidate must have CSA N293-07 fire protection code expertise.
- ECC Process knowledge and Design Team Leader Experience required