Our client is currently requesting resumes for the following position: Cost & Schedule Analyst
Resume Due Date: June 20, 2017 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Project: P&M Project Controls
Duration: 4 months
Location: Oshawa, Ontario (GM Building)
- Provide support to Manager through information accumulation, analysis and problem-solving in regard to one or more of the following areas:
- Work planning and control, e.g., project planning, schedule and cost analysis, and functional support.
- Cost control, e.g. monitor/cost collection and reporting, cost analysis and cost management support.
- "Programming", i.e., operational business planning, work program preparation, integration of work program implementation across the Division, performance monitoring and reporting, and improvement of business processes
- Requires a knowledge of engineering principles and concepts, probability and statistics, industrial management, industrial processes, management information systems, economics and accounting practices to understand and assess numerous interdependencies of engineering, resource acquisition, installation, commissioning and operating a nuclear power generation facility. Requires a good knowledge of English, both oral and written, to facilitate effective communications with others. This knowledge is normally considered to be acquired through the successful completion of a four-year university education in an appropriate field (e.g. engineering, business administration, computer science) or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience within the work group to achieve a level of proficiency sufficient to perform all aspects of the Work Control, Cost Control or Programming function.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the interrelationships and role of organizational units, interrelationships between work groups, external contractors and consultants involved, and the mechanics of resolving any controversial issues.
- Requires practical experience in the appropriate line function (e.g., generation facility, Engineering, Waste Operations, etc.) to understand aspects of work programs and projects associated with cost engineering, work program planning and program performance analysis.
- Requires experience in the application of work methods, resourcing of work, logical sequencing of events and resolution of common problems in these areas. Requires experience in the application of various computer systems and software. A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience